Friday, February 3, 2012

Yeah, I Know You're Jealous

I have next week off from school.

That's right. A full week break in early February for no particular reason other than that our school always has this mid-winter break. Whatever shall I do with all that free time?

I'll tell you what. Write. Write some more. Maybe read a little. Then keep writing.

I have a shiny new work-in-progress, and I'd love to crank out at least 10k words next week. 20k would be even better. If I can finish the first draft (or nearly) by the end of month, I'd be happy-happy-happy.

You see, Mindy McGinnis is working on a revision right now, and we have plans to swap that for my completed NaNoWriMo project when she's done. I want to make sure there's always one more thing in the R.C. Lewis Library waiting for her. ;)

So, for the week of vacation from the day-job, I'm hoping to let the "other" job go temporarily full-time. I'll also be visiting my family, so hanging with them and a few random appointments will fill my time on the side.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to pack.

If you had a week off from your usual job and/or responsibilities, would you buckle down and write, or go off on a real vacation? (To be honest, I don't remember the last time I had a real vacation ... maybe I need to do something about that at some point.)

No comments: