- Finished Book 2 in the series and Book 3 is well underway.
- Wrote two "real" short stories that I'm working on submitting.
- Packed up my classroom to be relocated this fall when they renovate half our building.
- Helped my dad with yard work, woodworking projects, and whatever else he needed a slave for.
- Got elevated to Round 3 in WEbook's PageToFame system.
- Worked with my sister to design two covers, seen here (just for fun, and in case I end up self-pubbing).
- Hung out with my awesomely awesome friend for a weekend (rare treat since she now lives 2000 miles away).
- Read a lot of books (Darkest Powers trilogy, Mortal Instruments trilogy, first two books in The Hunger Games trilogy ... is Mockingjay out yet?)
A lot of that looks like work. Here are some additions for the To Do list:
- Figure out how and when to get together with the inimitable T.L Tyson (in my country, hers, or another one altogether ... doesn't matter)
- Possibly find time to visit my cousin in Mississippi (though the humidity might scare me off)
- Plan a trip to Rochester, NY to visit the friend mentioned above, plus anyone else I knew back in grad school that's still there.
Hmm, all of that involves travel and interacting with humans outside of cyberspace. That might be a clue.
Anyone else have fun ways of keeping your mind off the waiting game?