Friday, October 5, 2012

Doting on the Doodlers

A while back, I posted a piece of "fan-art" that was included as part of a beta-reader's feedback. More recently, I touted the awesomeness of my former student Lynn, who draws awesome things like Mindy McGinnis's Hatchet Cat.

Today, the two are combined. Lynn read the manuscript for Stitching Snow several months ago and offered this marvelous depiction of the main character, Essie.


That's my girl.

And I continue to be in awe of people who can draw.

4 comments:

BBC said...

YES! Hatchet Cat!!

Lynn's working on my new header for my blog too. Can't go wrong!

Robin said...

Me too-I can barely write my name legibly- so I am in awe of all those people who can draw.

Lynn said...

oh shucks... you... oh gosh! If I'd known this was going to be on your blog, I would have worked harder on it!

R.C. Lewis said...

No worries, Lynn. I think it's clear it's just a sketch. And it's still awesome. :)